Future Network & MobileSummit 2013 Conference and Exhibition -CFP
Future Network & MobileSummit 2013 Conference and Exhibition
03 - 05 July 2013, Lisbon, Portugal
Call for Workshop Proposals - Deadline 11 January 2013
Call for Papers - Deadline 08 February 2013
Happy New Year.
We wish to invite you to prepare and submit a paper for consideration for the Future Network & MobileSummit 2013 Scientific Programme by 08 February 2013.
Please forward this Call for Papers to your colleagues in research and/or industry interested in the conference topics. Please also publish a link to www.Futurenetworksummit.eu/2013 on your organisational and project websites.
The electronic Call for Papers can be downloaded from
Future Network & MobileSummit 2013 is the twenty-second in a series of Annual Conferences supported by the European Commission, which regularly attracts delegates from industry, government and research to share experiences and research results, identify future trends, discuss business opportunities and identify opportunities for international research collaboration under the ICT Theme of Framework Programme 7 (FP7).
Future Network & MobileSummit 2013 will address all the challenges of building the Future Internet Infrastructure, based on mobile, wireless and fixed broadband communications infrastructures. It showcases European research in the field, and positions it within the multiplicity of related initiatives supported in other regions of the world.
The Scientific Programme incorporates all the key constituents of Future Communication Networks including the themes Radio Access and Spectrum, Converged and Optical Networks, Future Internet Technologies, Satellite Communications and Internet of Things.
Supported by the European Commission, Net!Works European Technology Platform and Technical University of Lisbon, Future Network & MobileSummit 2013 will integrate high-level industry/policy plenary sessions that discuss strategic issues for Future Networks, paper and workshop sessions that showcase original results in all areas of mobile, wireless and fixed broadband communications systems and networks.
Future Network & MobileSummit 2013 is Technically Co-Sponsored by IEEE Portugal Section.
While European funded research results are of particular interest, innovative research funded commercially or at national level is equally interesting from a community perspective. The participation of representatives of leading commercial, research and regulatory organisations in the Conference Community ensures a stimulating and high quality networking environment.
Call for Workshop proposals
Proposals for Thematic Workshops are invited. Workshop topics should be thematically focused, and normally will include presentations from several complementary projects. The Thematic Workshops will be incorporated within the Programme tracks, taking into account available sessions and relevant submitted papers. They may also include invited speakers and additional project contributions. All presenters and participants must register for the Summit.
Workshop submission are due by 11 January 2013
Please submit online via http://www.futurenetworksummit.eu/2013/default.asp?page=submission-ws
Call for Papers
Submission deadline for full papers: 08 February 2013
Acceptance decision: 08 April 2013
Final Paper Submission: 26 April 2013
The scientific programme for Future Network & MobileSummit 2013 is based on an open Call for Papers and the conference language is English.
Interested presenters are encouraged to prepare a paper up to 8 pages and submit online by 08 Feburary.
Please download the paper templates in Word (http://www.futurenetworksummit.eu/2013/files/FutureNetworkSummit_PaperTemplate.dot ) or Latex format (http://www.futurenetworksummit.eu/2013/files/FutureNetworkSummit_LatexTemplate.zip)
All papers are double blind peer reviewed by the Technical Programme Committee (http://www.futurenetworksummit.eu/2013/default.asp?page=committees).
Please ensure that there are no contact details within the text of your paper submission for review (Word document or PDF), the properties of the file or the file name prior to uploading it onto the server. Please enter all authors and co-authors details as part of the online submission form. Please ensure that the paper uploaded by 08 February is your final version to be reviewed as all papers will be assigned to the TPC following the paper submission deadline.
Accepted papers will be presented orally in the scientific/technical tracks in the Programme. They may be grouped within the track into appropriate thematic Workshops. Full papers accepted for oral presentation should be suitable for inclusion in IEEE Xplore. Best papers will be selected for publication in an appropriate IEEE journal.
Papers not selected for oral presentation may be accepted for presentation in Poster sessions.
Authors will receive feedback by 08 April. Accepted authors will then be invited to submit a final paper taking account of feedback provided for inclusion in the conference proceedings by 26 April.
Core Thematic Priorities for Future Network & MobileSummit 2013
Radio Access and Spectrum
- Antennas and devices
- Cloud radio access networks
- Cognitive and reconfigurable radio systems
- Energy efficiency
- Novel LTE-A and post-LTE systems
- PHY layer security
- Radio-fibre integration
- Self-configuration and management of network and terminals
- Self-organised networks
- Small cells
- Virtualisation and software defined wireless networks
Converged and Optical Networks
- Converged services over optical networks
- Flexible and elastic optical networking
- Gigabit home and in-building networks, fixed-mobile convergence
- Green optical networking
- Network control and management security
- Next-generation passive and active optical access networks
- Optical solutions for high performance clouds and data centre infrastructures
- Resilience and network reliability
- Software defined networking
- Ultra-high capacity, low latency network solutions
Future Internet Technologies
- Cloud and mobile cloud infrastructures and services
- Content delivery, information centric, and data aware networks
- Experimental facilities and benchmarking
- Network overlay, virtualisation and federation
- Platforms and middleware for seamless service & content delivery
- Security, trust and privacy
- Self-management frameworks
- Visionary and clean-slate designs and architectures
Internet of Things
- Cloud computing based IoT applications
- Enabling and cognitive technologies for IoT
- Experimental deployments for IoT applications
- Heterogeneous network infrastructure, communication and interoperability for IoT
- Interconnection and integration of the physical world into the online one
- Scalable architectures for IoT applications
- Security, trust, privacy
- Service openness and interoperability
- Standardisation requirements and initiatives
- Distributed processing in the ground infrastructure
- Enabling techniques for integrated and hybrid SatCom/terrestrial networks
- High-throughput, flexible, and reconfigurable space segment
- Integrated architectures and techniques for navigation, coms, and observation
- Radio interface efficiency and robustness
- Services and architectures for media delivery, broadband, safety, and messaging
- User-friendly and reconfigurable terminals
More information is available at
We look forward to receiving your paper and workshop submissions. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Future Network & MobileSummit 2013